Seasonal Skincare: Your Winter Skincare Regime
With plunging temperatures and chilly weathers, enters the onslaught of dry, and itchy skin. The cold and dry winter air zaps moisture from your skin leaving it itchy, red and irritated. We plan to take care of our body from the cold by wearing warm clothes but often forget our skin. Thus, winter skincare becomes as important as keeping yourself warm. Fortunately, there are a few steps that we can take to prevent, soothe and deal with this seasonal dryness.
Winter Skincare Regime:
- Humidify the indoor spaces: Dry air zaps moisture from the skin. An air humidifier, in this case, can help increase the level of moisture in indoor spaces where you spend most of your time. And thus, helps in keeping the skin hydrated and salubrious. There are humidifiers available in the market that can also be used as an aroma diffuser with OMORFEE’s Aroma Therapy Oil Blends for additional benefits.
- Limit shower time: Hot showers can feel very warming to your body but it often strips off moisture from your skin. Therefore, your skin should not be exposed to hot water for more than 5-10 minutes. Also, we should avoid excessively hot water while bathing, and washing hands and face. Avoid harsh soaps and gel-based wash, as they can dry the skin. Use a gentle and moisturizing body wash to maintain soft & supple skin. Body Softening oil can also come in handy to revive the moisture level of the skin after warm showers.
- Opt for gentle and hydrating face cleansers and moisturizers: Be sure that you do not toss in any cleanser and moisturizer on your face that contains drying ingredients. Choose cleansers that contain moisturizers to avoid stripping your skin of its natural moisture like Aqua Splash Face Wash Do not forget to use a moisturizer on your face from time to time to keep it nourished and hydrated.
- Protect your skin: The warm sun rays may feel pleasant but the UV rays in the sun can still damage your skin a lot. Thus, wear sunscreen while stepping out, even on a cloudy day.
- Moisturize more often: Moisturizing your skin is crucial to keep it hydrated in the chilly weather. It is important to moisturize all parts of the body throughout the day. Apply a thick layer of moisturizer as soon as you get out of the bath. Then you may apply it one more time during the day to keep your skin nice and smooth. Do not forget your hands as your hands are in contact with water the most number of times during the day. Applying a hand moisturizer after every wash can help with keeping the hands soft and preventing flaky skin.
- Do not forget your lips: Winters can result in moisture loss from your lips resulting in chapped and dry lips. Hydrate your lips more often with a Hydrating Lip Balm to avoid chappy lips.